What is Termidor?
Termidor is a professionally applied termite defense product that is undetectable to drywood and subterranean termites. Since its introduction, over 4 million homes have been protected with Termidor, making it America’s #1 termite defense product.
How can homeowners rest assured that Termidor works?
Termidor is made from a nonrepellent or “undetectable” chemical technology. In numerous trials across the United States and around the world, Termidor has consistently proven itself to be the most effective product at eliminating termites—a level of efficacy that no other commercially available termite control system of any type has ever achieved. And, Termidor is proving to be equally effective in keeping termites from coming back.
Ongoing field trials by the United States Department of Agriculture – Forest Service show no signs of termite damage in covered slab plots treated at labeled rates Termidor® 80 WG for more than 15 years after treatment—results no other commercially available termite control product can match.
How fast will Termidor work to eliminate termites?
Termidor applied according to label directions has provided 100% control of infesting termites in three months or less after treatment.
Can Termidor be used for both residential and commercial buildings?
Yes, a Termidor Certified Professional can offer termite protection to most any type of structure that is at risk for termite damage, including residential homes, churches, office buildings, commercial businesses, warehouses, manufacturing sites and schools.
How long will it take to complete a Termidor termite treatment?
A residential Termidor termite treatment is typically completed by a trained Termidor Certified Professional in less than a day, offering your home or building termite protection that begins immediately.
Are the products used dangerous to kids and pets?
Safety is our top priority. All of our service professionals have been trained on the proper application of materials to ensure a safe and healthy environment for your family and pets. All professional pest control products we use have been registered for use by the United States EPA.
Are Carpenter Ants dangerous to my home?
Carpenter ants are merely a nuisance or a serious structural pest that needs to be addressed quickly. If the weather is mild and you happen to see one every few days, further inspection may be necessary. Seeing several daily is cause for concern and treatment maybe necessary.
What are five things I can do outside of my house to keep pests away?
- Inspect and seal any cracks and holes outside your home. Make sure vents are screened and gaps around windows and doors are sealed.
- Check around the perimeter of your home for leaky faucets and anything that allows moisture to pool around the base of your home.
- Eliminate debris from gutters.
- Trim tree branches and shrubbery around your home, especially if they are touching the building.
- Store firewood and other wood at least 20 feet away from your home.
What are five things I can do inside my house to keep pests away?
- Keep all kitchen areas clean (including floors) and free of useless clutter. Kitchen appliances should be kept free of spills and crumbs. Clean shelves regularly and store foods such as cereal, flour, and dog food in airtight containers.
- Keep garbage areas clean. Garbage should be stored in sealed containers and disposed of regularly.
- Check pipes and pipe areas around the house for leaks, cracks and gaps and seal and patch any problems if necessary. Leaky faucets should also be fixed.
- Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry. If you have mold and mildew in your home or office crawlspace, it’s a symptom of an excess moisture problem.
- Inspect boxes, grocery bags and other packaging you bring into your home thoroughly. Insects have also been known to come in on potted plants and in luggage.
Why should someone hire Regal Pest Control?
Just as you wouldn’t prescribe medicine for yourself or drill your own cavities, you shouldn’t attempt to control termites or other pests on your own. The products and the expertise offered by Regal Pest Control far surpasses what a homeowner could do on their own.
How difficult are termites to treat?
Termites are nearly impossible for homeowners to treat on their own.On the other hand, Regal Pest Control’s professionals have the training, expertise and technology to eliminate termite colonies and infestations, giving you peace of mind.
What are the different types of termite treatments?
There are two primary types of treatments available to Regal Pest Control customers. The time-tested liquid treatment creates a barrier in the soil between the invading subterranean (under ground) termite colony and your home. The alternative treatment is called Sentricon, which is a baiting system. Sentricon is a more “green” approach than a liquid treatment, but both are effective methods of control.
What is the most effective type of termite treatment?
A trained and licensed Regal Pest Control professional is the best person to make a recommendation for each particular property.
What questions should homeowners ask during a professional termite inspection/treatment?
- What type of treatment is recommended?
- How long will the treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- How long will it take to get rid of the termites?
- What type of contract or guarantee is offered?
- Are they a member of the National Pest Management Association?
What can a homeowner do to prevent termites?
- Termites love moisture. Eliminate any moisture around the foundation of your home.
- Divert water away with properly functioning downspouts, gutters and splash blocks.
- Reduce humidity in crawl spaces with proper ventilation.
- Prevent shrubs, vines and other vegetation from growing over and onto the home and covering vents.
- Be sure to remove old form boards, grade stakes, etc., left in place after the building was constructed. Remove old tree stumps and roots around and beneath the building.
- Most importantly, eliminate any wood contact with the soil. An 18-inch gap between the soil and wood portions of the building is ideal.
- It doesn’t hurt to routinely inspect the foundation of your home for signs of termite damage.
Can pests other than termites damage property?
Absolutely. Carpenter ants, carpenter bees and powder post beetles are all categorized as wood destroying insects.That’s why it’s important to have a professional identify the source of your problem and provide the most effective treatment to control it.
How do you treat for Cockroaches?
Cockroaches have long been one of the most common household pests in our area. We’ve developed years of expertise in solving cockroach problems. Our control strategy depends upon the species of cockroach, which is why inspection and identification is an important first step. Upon identification of the species and analysis of the situation, a strategy is developed. Regal Pest Control’s technicians utilize baits, carefully placed out of reach of children and pets, to eliminate cockroach populations. In other situations, insect growth regulators, which inhibit the ability of the cockroach to molt and grow, are used in combination with other methods. Additionally, we provide information to clients about the ways that they can minimize pest immigration and avoid providing safe harbor for pest populations. So you see, cockroach control is really best achieved through a combination of techniques – an “integrated” approach to pest management.
Does Regal Pest Control have a service to control mice?
The house mouse is one of the most common pests that prompt a call to Regal Pest Control. They are best dealt with using an integrated approach including exclusion, sanitation, and population reduction. Usually traps are employed to eliminate mice living inside buildings, but rodenticide baits occasionally have some utility as well. Each account should be inspected and assessed for the best approach to use at each home/building.
pest control questions?
Here are several ways to contact us. Don’t delay if you are currently experiencing an infestation of any kind.
Contact us today and setup a pest control inspection for your home, your business or for a property you manage. We also can install our in-wall pest control system into new construction!
Contact us today if you have questions or need pest control at your home. We provide pest control services in Ocala and The Villages and surrounding areas.